Flights are still predominantly booked from desktop devices
- While 55% of total airline website visitors come from mobile devices, 72% of total airline website flight bookings are made from desktop devices.
- People convert more on desktop than mobile, so the device they use suggests their intent to purchase. Desktop website visitors have high intent demand compared to mobile website visitors.
- Two (2) main reasons for this:
- A large portion of flights are booked from work, where desktop devices are the norm.
- Airline mobile booking flows are much more complicated and uncertain to complete for the average traveler.
- As people get back to work they will begin to book more flights from desktop devices vs. mobile.
Other airline industry trends we are tracking:
- Airline Revenue Trends – Weekly
- Airline Pricing Trends – Weekly
- International vs. Domestic Booking Trends -Weekly
- One Way vs. Round Trip Booking Trends – Weekly
- Travel Class Booking Trends – Weekly
- Airline Booking Trends – Weekly