EveryMundo has aggregated and anonymized data from dozens of airline websites to determine recovery trends from the devastating COVID-19 shock to the airline industry.
Data represents 2020 weekly mobile device bookings vs. desktop device bookings from dozens of airline websites worldwide. The data has been aggregated and normalized to a value between 0 and 100.
Flights are still predominantly booked from desktop devices, their recovery is paramount for the recovery of the airline industry
- While 55% of total airline website visitors come from mobile devices, 72% of total airline website flight bookings are made from desktop devices.
- People convert more on desktop than mobile, so the device they use suggests their intent to purchase. Desktop website visitors have high intent demand compared to mobile website visitors.
- Two (2) main reasons for this:
- A large portion of flights are booked from work, where desktop devices are the norm.
- Airline mobile booking flows are much more complicated and uncertain to complete for the average traveler.
- As people get back to work they will begin to book more flights from desktop devices vs. mobile. We have begun to see an increase in desktop booking over the past 5 weeks.