Proper tagging and Google Ads linking to Google Analytics are important to attribute sessions to the proper channel in the Default Channel Grouping of Google Analytics.
In many cases, our customers report incorrect channel attribution in their Google Analytics accounts and most of the time it’s caused by incorrect tagging practices.
To attribute traffic correctly in Google Analytics, efforts coming from paid campaigns must be correctly tagged.
Link Google Ads Campaigns
- Sign in to Google Analytics that has access to the Google Ads account.
- Click Admin and navigate to the property.
- In the Property column, click Google Ads Linking.
4. Click + New link group.
5. Select the Google Ads accounts that will be linked to GA, then click Continue.
If there is a Google Ads manager account, select that account to link it (and all of its child accounts).
To link some managed accounts, expand the manager account, then select each of the managed Google Ads accounts that wished to be linked.
6. Enter a link group title.
7. Turn linking ON for each view in the property to see the Google Ads data.
8. Enabled auto-tagging in the Google Ads accounts
9. Click Link accounts.