In this guide, we walked you through the most advanced concepts, techniques, and methodologies to optimize Core Web Vitals. By now, you should be able to perform rigorous page experience analysis on your airline’s website, including:
- Using lab and field tools as part of an audit workflow to measure and debug Core Web Vitals.
- Understanding the differences between Field and Lab Data.
- Implementing common optimization techniques for Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FCP), and Content Layout Shift (CLS).
- Avoiding the most common page performance pitfalls on airlines’ websites.
- From an SEO standpoint, know that page experience signals probably have more weight in “tie-breaker” scenarios. We saw a slight boost in rankings for airlines’ pages that pass Core Web Vitals, but the expected disruption in search that Core Web Vitals were supposed to bring hasn’t been realized yet.
Still, page experience is now an integral part of Google’s algorithms, and it’s here to stay. That’s why, as an SEO, page experience signals will continue to be yet another optimization area.