Comparing airTRFX vs. In-House Solutions for key features:
IT + CMS + Fare Cache + Consultants
- Fully scalable with no limits on pages/routes.
- Cloud-based, load-balanced, locally served for maximum page performance.
- Constant enhancements and upgrades to system.
- Internal IT required to launch and maintain large-scale infrastructure not typical for an airline website.
- Requires constant observation, maintenance and rising professional services costs
- Built-in content management and page creation without IT.
- Marketers able to add real-time pricing widgets technical functionality and customize pages in bulk or individually.
- Pre-built, airline-specific front-end fare visualization modules
- Industry agnostic systems which require integration into the aviation industry.
- Any enhanced functionality requires IT resource planning, approval and costing.
- System likely to be inherently rigid and not prone to frequent customization.
- No ability to compare performance with other airlines.
- Airline must focus on supporting numerous daily challenges and issues through a static system needing resources to improve.
- Ongoing SEO performance enhancement
- SEO visibility and best practices aggregated from customers globally
- SEO experts must work with IT (both in-house + outsourced) to ensure adherence to SEO technical best practices
- Support resourcing must compete with overall technical prioritization / sprints.
IT Resources Certainty
- Specific, limited IT involvement only during implementation.
- Ongoing hosting, maintenance, support included.
- Competing with all other internal projects for technical resources.
- Professional services costs very difficult to forecast.
- Rapid deployment (<4 months) of a turn-key system built and evolved from 70+ implementations.
- In-house systems often require ~12 months for a hacked solution that requires constant retro-fitting.
- If/when one partner changes, the result is unforeseen modification costs.
- No technical integration with existing airline technology
- IBE Fare Collection technology deployed via tag management system
- Need to integrate fare cache solution into endpoints to deliver fare information
- Integration requires ongoing testing and optimization to control costs
- Fixed, predictable cost
- Iincludes IT support, strategic guidance and advice and best practices
- Unpredictable costs to build, maintain, modify, fix issues, especially in dynamic resourcing environment.
Want to improve direct sales?
Let’s get started.