Why buy airTRFX and airModules® instead of building them yourself?
airTRFX helps airlines’ acquisition teams by reducing resource dedication to the building, hosting, maintenance, and enhancement of their fare marketing technology toolkit. EveryMundo provides these services and capabilities to each of our airline customers. Replicating the airTRFX system and airModules products through in-house development and improvement entails the following airline IT/Digital projects:
- Consulting with an agency to understand SEO/SEM requirements to customize CMS
- Cost to gather and document requirements
- IT costs to build out and test page infrastructure
- Monthly or yearly costs to maintain the page infrastructure
Fare feed development/procurement and integration
- RFP process to survey different fare collection vendors
- IT project to integrate fare feed into distribution architecture
- RM involvement to vet fares of new fare feed technology
- Monthly fees for the fare feed licensing
SEO compatibility of webpage system
- Agency costs to build initial page infrastructure in line with ever-changing search engine algorithms and SEO best practice
- Ongoing agency costs to monitor and advise on new SEO best practices
- IT and design costs to execute ongoing changes
System technical performance optimization
- RFP or sourcing process to identify cloud / CDN provider
- Monthly costs for global load balanced hosting
- Ongoing costs for system monitoring and remediation
Front-end design, development, and maintenance
- Digital agency costs to design new pages
- UX/UI team costs execute the build
- Monthly fees to maintain and update designs and technology driving it
Regulatory compliance (DOT, GDPR, Accessibility)
- Initial and ongoing IT and design costs to ensure compliance with all major regulatory requirements
- Ongoing testing to ensure continuous compliance
Tracking integration and testing
- IT costs for implementation of event-level web analytics
- Ongoing data integrity testing and monitoring for errors and outlier data
Report creation and maintenance by digital channel
- Report configuration in web analytics or other platforms
- Ongoing performance optimization
Digital marketing tag configuration and placement
- Selection and setting up of tag manager
- Placement of tags in tag containers on pages
- Ongoing testing and monitoring of integrity of data collection
Comparing airTRFX vs. In-House Solutions for key features:
With airTRFX: Fully scalable with no limits on pages/routes. Cloud-based, load-balanced, locally served for maximum page performance. Constant enhancements and upgrades to system.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: Internal IT required to launch and maintain large-scale infrastructure not typical for an airline website. Requires constant observation, maintenance and rising professional services costs
With airTRFX: Built-in content management and page creation without IT. Marketers able to independently add widgets and technical functionality, customize pages in bulk or individually.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: Industry agnostic systems which require integration into the aviation industry. Any enhanced functionality require IT resource planning, approval and costing. System likely to be inherently rigid and not prone to frequent customization.
With airTRFX: Continuous feature improvements (new modules, dashboard, etc.) based on insights from numerous airTRFX launches worldwide.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: No ability to compare performance with other airlines. Airline must focus on supporting numerous daily challenges and issues through a static system needing resources to improve.
With airTRFX: License includes ongoing SEO performance enhancement. SEO visibility and best practices aggregated from customers globally.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: SEO experts must work with IT (both in-house + outsourced) to ensure adherence to SEO technical best practices; support resourcing must compete with overall technical prioritization / sprints.
IT Resources Certainty
With airTRFX: EveryMundo’s 60+ employees focused solely on maximizing ongoing performance of the system and enhancing client usage.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: Competing with all other internal projects for technical resources. Professional services costs very difficult to forecast.
With airTRFX: Rapid deployment (<4 months) of a turn-key system built and improved from +27 implementations.
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: In-house systems often requires ~12 months for a hacked solution that requires constant retro-fitting. If/when one partner changes, the result is unforeseen modification costs.
With airTRFX: Fixed, predictable cost including IT support, SEO enhancements, and strategic guidance
With IT + CMS+ Fare Cache + Consultants: Unpredictable costs to build, maintain, modify, fix issues, especially in dynamic resourcing environment.